During last week's session our game was playtested and we came to the conclusion that we have several loose ends to tie.
I am pretty sure that between this post and the last post we decided to change the game idea from music and movies to movies and television and thus, the placeholder for television cards is not going to be an ipod, but a remote control instead! Yunlu has made several finishing touches on the game board and will have another picture to post in the near future.
The playtesters told our group that they enjoyed the game however we needed to come up with a better idea for earning money. So, instead of earning a certain amount of dollars at every turn and counting it up right then and there, we are developing a new way to earn large amounts of money over time. That large development will be announced after we play the game a few times ourselves.
The movie and television show question list is ongoing and we add to it whenever we think of a question. We hope to have close to 60 movie cards and 60 television show cards. Note that each card has three questions on it that can be answered in a different way. We also took the advice from the playtesters; we separated the questions so that no card has more than one question on it about the same movie or television show. This way players will have an equal chance to get a questions right. This method eliminates any cards that have ONE movie or TV show theme on it.
At this time our game is still in the making. We still have to buy supplies to beautify the game. One perk of photoshop we found is that we are using the same logo on the game board to decorate the box.